Why Get Veneers for Teeth?
If you have teeth that are discolored, misshapen, or do not match the rest of your smile in any other way, dental veneers are a great solution.
Veneers for teeth are a simpler and more conservative solution than crowns because they only cover the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the fronts of problem teeth to give you a flawless smile.
Dental Veneers Procedure
Your treatment will begin when you come into the office for a diagnosis and consultation. Dr. Alexander will examine your teeth and the two of you will discuss what you want your smile to look like.
Next your teeth will need to be prepped for the placement of the dental veneers. Your dentist will carefully buff your teeth, so they will not become too thick once the veneers have been placed. At this point, you may be given temporary veneers to wear while you wait for your permanent veneers to be produced in a high-quality lab.
Once your veneers are ready, he will check to make sure the dental veneers look great with your teeth and adjust them as necessary. Your veneers are then applied with a special cement and hardened with a light beam.
The Beauty of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are the type of veneers that look most like your natural teeth. Porcelain has the same coloring as real teeth and even reflects light in the same way. These veneers are stain-resistant, making them a long-lasting option.
Veneers made of other materials, like composite resin veneers, may last around 4-8 years. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, are known to last for 12-25 years with very little maintenance needed.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
You can enjoy the advantages of dental veneers. When you choose porcelain veneers at Alexander Dentistry, you can enjoy a:
- Natural-Looking Smile: Porcelain veneers will make your smile look unified, consistent, and sparkling.
- Smiles Without Extra Maintenance: With veneers for teeth, you do not need to worry about changing your regular oral care routine.
- Conservative and Simple Solution: Dental veneers consist only of thin shells to place over the teeth, which can be simpler than placing dental crown.
- Beautiful Teeth in No Time: Veneers for teeth can be placed in just a few appointments, so you won’t have to wait long to enjoy your improved smile.
- Stronger, Healthier Smile: Dental veneers will strengthen your teeth, so they can do all of the things that healthy teeth should be able to do.
If you are interested in porcelain veneers, we are ready to consult with you today!
Simple Solutions for Beautiful Smiles
To learn more about the advantages of veneers for teeth, set up a consultation with Dr. Alexander today.