Why Get Veneers for Teeth?
If you have teeth that are discolored, misshapen, or do not match the rest of your smile in any other way, dental veneers are a great solution. Veneers for a teeth are a simpler and more conservative solution than crowns. because they only cover the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are thin shells that are bonded to the fronts of problem teeth so that you can get that perfect smile.
Dental Veneers Procedure
- The first step to getting veneers for teeth is creating dental veneers that are perfect for your smile. Your treatment will begin when you come into the office for a diagnosis and consultation. Dr. Alexander will examine your teeth and the two of you will discuss what you want your smile to look like. He will then prepare dental veneers that have been custom-made just for you.
- Next, your teeth will need to be prepped for the placement of the dental veneers. Your dentist will carefully buff your teeth so that they will not become too thick once the veneers have been placed. At this point, you may be given temporary veneers to improve the appearance of your smile, while you wait for your permanent veneers.
- Finally, Dr. Alexander will place the permanent veneers for teeth. He will check to make sure the dental veneers look great with your teeth, and adjust them as necessary. When they are ready, your dentist will clean your teeth with a bonding chemical. The veneers for teeth are then applied with a special cement and hardened with a light beam.
The Beauty of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are the veneers for teeth that will look most like your natural teeth. Porcelain veneers have the same coloring as real teeth and even reflect light in the same way. Porcelain veneers are also stain resistant and one of the longest lasting options. Veneers made of other materials, like composite resin veneers, may last around 4-8 years. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, are known to last for 12-25 years with very little maintenance needed.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
- A Natural-Looking Smile: Porcelain veneers will make your smile look unified, consistent, and sparkling.
- No Extra Maintenance: With veneers for teeth, you do not need to worry about changing your regular oral care routine.
- Conservative and Simple: Dental veneers consist only of thin shells to place over the teeth, which can be simpler than placing dental crown.
- Beautiful Teeth in No Time: Veneers for teeth can be placed in just a few appointments so that you won’t have to wait long to enjoy your improved smile.
- Stronger, Healthier Smile: Dental veneers will strengthen your teeth so that they can do all of the things that healthy teeth should be able to do.
To learn more about the advantages of veneers for teeth, set up a consultation with Dr. Alexander today.